GED ® Testing Service™
To view GED ® test-taker Information, click on the official site of the Pennsylvania
Commonwealth Secondary School Diploma Information and GED® FAQs
Intermediate Unit #5
Cost: $125, Pre-session included.
The GED® tests are comprised of tests in Math, Social Studies, Science, Language Arts Reading and Language Arts Writing. The Language Arts, Writing Test includes an essay. For specific test times and additional information about the contents of each subject test, go to www.gedtest.org.
GED® Test Pre-session®
To complete online registration and paperwork, and to watch a video on exam procedures.
Adult Diploma Program ©
Earn a Warren County School District High School Diploma
Warren Forest Hi-Ed Council
Click Brochure, to view or to apply. For more information, contact 814-723-3222.
Next Class Starts September 2013
JBC – Ethics & Etiquette
JCC – Career Exploration
University of Pittsburgh, Bradford – Career Laddering
Audubon Center & Sanctuary – Science
CPR & First Aid Certification
Public Speaking, plus much more
*The Warren Forest Higher Education Council Diploma Program may not be reproduced without written permission of the owner. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of U.S. Copyright law.
160+ hours; Tuesday/Thursday, September 2013-April 2014
from 5:00-8:00 p.m.
Application Fee: $125.
The Diploma Program provides adults who want to earn a high school diploma the opportunity to bridge
the gap between the General Education Diploma (GED) and skills needed for better job opportunities, a new career, or a successful college experience.
Program presenters include: Family Services, Jamestown Audubon Center, Jamestown Business College, Jamestown Community College, University of Pittsburgh-Bradford.
The Program requires:
• Participant's high school class has graduated.
• Participant to earn a GED before or during the program.
• Participant to complete an additional 160+-hour of course work beyond passing the GED exam.
Each participant who graduates will earn a Warren County School District High School Diploma and
complete a Portfolio. The course work includes:
• Learn how to use the library for research
• Learn about local organizations, agencies, and emergency facilities in the community and
the services that are available.
• Analyze and critically evaluate different forms of communication
Occupational Knowledge and Technology
• Demonstrate readiness to seek employment
• Participate in a technical writing seminar
• Participate in a leadership seminar
• Create a professional, typed resume
• Participate in a Public Speaking seminar
• Learn about services available in local job access agency, and how to access job posting information
• Participate in a business etiquette seminar
• Participate in a career laddering seminar
• earn about common workplace issues, and develop strategies for dealing with or solving common issues
• Apply effective speaking and listening skills
• Learn about common types of workplace discrimination
• Participate in an Ethics seminar
• Participate in a Reading Comprehension class
Government, Law & Citizenship
• Demonstrate knowledge of rights and responsibilities at the federal, state, and local government levels.
• Demonstrate map reading skills, geographic patterns of state, county, and/or world in terms of land
masses and major bodies of water.
• Participate in a 20-hour volunteer program
• Learn about the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania from a government representative.
• Discuss current events
• Learn about visual and performing arts
• Learn about racial, ethnic, religious, and social groups in the community, nation, and world
• Learn how genetic information is inherited and expressed, and explain the relationship between structure
and function at all levels of organization.
• Learn the value of water as a natural resource
• Learn to use various computations, measurements, graphs, and estimation to solve practical problems
Health & Self Awareness
• Complete and pass a CPR/First Aid course
• Learn the role of individual responsibility for safe practices and injury prevention in the home,
school and community.
• Learn about nutritional information
© The Warren Forest Higher Education Council Diploma Program may not be reproduced without written permission of the owner. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of U.S. Copyright law.