The Next Class Will Be Announced Soon!
The focus of this course is to prepare students for a phlebotomy carrier, within a hospital, blood donor center, doctor’s office, or other institution.
The course will cover necessary skills to be a phlebotomist: blood collection, specimen processing and storage, professionalism in a clinical setting, public speaking and communication skills, clerical and courier as well as reception and other duties.
Lectures are based on current, relevant phlebotomy procedures which includes hands-on laboratory practices, and a clinical rotation at a local medical facility.
1. Have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
2. Have an updated immunization record to participate in class and clinical rotations
3. Have a current physical examination and TB test
4. Be willing to practice on each other during class
5. Have a lab coat
6. Dress professionally
7. Have all paperwork completed and submitted prior to the start of class
Textbook included. 15 Students Max